WorkSafeNB has a comprehensive process for allocating claim costs to the appropriate employer account. These costs are then used to determine the basic assessment rates and employers’ experience rating.
- A worker’s claim costs are usually allocated to the accident employer. However, depending upon the circumstances of the claim, WorkSafeNB may allocate all or part of the claim costs to:
- An industry group account; or
- The all assessed employers account.
- Cost relief is provided under legislation for pre-existing conditions. WorkSafeNB has determined that cost relief is also appropriate for personal intervening conditions.
- Self-insured employers are not eligible for cost relief since they are not part of the compensation insurance pool of employers.