Policy 25-003 Home Care and Independence
Rates / Fees
- WorkSafeNB has authority to provide workers with home care services to assist with recovery, return to work, and activities of daily living.
- WorkSafeNB assesses a worker’s need for specific home care services and provides these services through:
- Professional health care providers;
- Contracted homemaker services;
- Informal caregivers; or
- Any combination of the above.
- WorkSafeNB pays the agency or professional rate directly to the provider for nursing, homemaking, or other professional health care services.
- When an informal caregiver provides home care, WorkSafeNB provides reimbursement to a maximum based on the level of care as outlined below WorkSafeNB requires receipts, with the informal caregiver’s Social Insurance Number, to provide reimbursements
Care Allowance Levels for 2021
Level 1 - $86.96/month
Level 2 - $173.89/month
Level 3 - $347.79/month
Level 4 - $626.77/month
Level 5 - $824.71/month
Level 6 - $1,154.59/month
Level 7 - $1,979.30/month
WorkSafeNB – means the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission or "the Commission" as defined by the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission and Workers’ Compensation Appeals Tribunal Act.