Hurt at work? Start the claim process.

What to do when you're hurt at work:

Tell your supervisor.
Report your injury or illness as soon as practical (or before voluntarily leaving your workplace). Your employer is responsible for getting you any necessary first aid and for transporting you to a medical facility, if necessary. Your employer may ask you to complete a form with details on the injury/illness. This helps them file a report with WorkSafeNB and prevent other similar incidents from happening in the workplace.

Get the medical treatment you need.
Your doctor/nurse practitioner may recommend treatment for your injury and refer you to other health care practitioners. Be sure to ask about modified work duties and activities you can do to help your recovery. Always let your health care provider know that you were injured at work.

Report your injury or illness to us.
If you miss time from work or must see a health care provider for more than first aid because of the work-related injury, you may choose to apply for workers’ compensation benefits. If you are applying for benefits related to hearing loss, please complete the Application for Benefits - Occupational Hearing Loss.



Save the application to your computer or network drive BEFORE you start. Not doing so could result in loss of information. If opening the form in a web browser, we recommend using Internet Explorer or Edge. 

Before you start

Have the following information ready:

  1. Medicare and social insurance numbers
  2. Employer contact name, phone number and address
  3. Details of your injury or illness, including date it happened and location
  4. Health care provider name and date of visit, if you received medical treatment
  5. Proof of income (pay stubs) for the four weeks before stopping work, if applying for loss-of-earnings benefits.
  6. Banking information (branch, financial institution and account) 

If you have any questions on your application, the claims process, potential benefits available, or healthy and safe return to work, contact us toll-free at 1 800 999-9775 (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).


Are you an employer with an employee who has been hurt at the workplace?
Find out what you need to do.

Frequently Asked Questions

MyServices is a secure and confidential online portal where you can check your claim status. Once a claim is accepted, you can also:

  • Email your case manager
  • Learn more about available benefits
  • View prescription history
  • Check on payment status and view past payments
  • Submit travel expenses

Register here.

Date: June 28, 2024

Working to Well is a website (with videos and tips) to help you learn about the recovery and return-to-work process. 

  • Watch video stories of those who've worked to well
  • Get to know your recovery team 
  • Understand your return-to-work plan
  • Learn about modified duties
  • Stay connected

There are lots of things you can do to get better while we work on your claim decision. Follow your health care provider's instructions and learn about the claims process and injury recovery. Among our favourite tools are Working to Well, About Your Benefits and MyServices

To be eligible for workers' compensation payments, you must work for an employer insured under WorkSafeNB and experience a work-related injury or illness. As part of the claims process, a WorkSafeNB employee will review several pieces of information before making a decision regarding your eligibility. If you are unsure, we encourage you to submit an Application for Workers’ Compensation Benefits.

Page 1 of 1

E-News Sign-up